Is there a specific sort of reason as to why you support Dave x Tavros? It's not exactly the most popular out there [sadly], so I was wondering if you had a particular reason! [I'm sorry if this has been asked before!]
Yeah, I think I’ve answered before, but I don’t want to even try to find my answer to it haha so I’ll give you the quick and dirty reasons why:
- It was one of the few ships that, while reading, really stuck out to me, grabbed me by the heartstrings, and demanded my love immediately
- Their interactions are essentially based on ridiculous innuendo and attempts to troll each other, not to mention bad rapping.
- That also led to me laughing the hardest, while reading the whole comic, during their pesterlogs. I died over how hilarious they were. And for me, having a relationship that makes me laugh is a huge plus.
- Through his interactions with Dave, we see him becoming increasingly confident in his ability to face Dave one-on-one. The first pesterlog had him awkwardly escaping the onslaught of trolling from Dave, but the second showed him coming back with his own sick burns, and by the time that Tavros and one of the dead!Daves meet in a dream bubble, Tavros is able to meet Dave person to person, admitting that he thinks he’s cool and exchanging quips and making his own innuendo that has Dave respond with something long the lines of “ew”. There was a lot of positive growth in their interactions as far as Tavros goes, to the point where he can turn the tables on Dave. And since I love Tavros, I loved seeing him grow in confidence in his ability to talk and interact with Dave
- Nepeta’s shipping wall. Check it out again. DaveTav is right there. Nepeta knows what’s up
- Also if we want to get into Dave, we see his trolling too-cool persona slip away and he’s kind of more chill when interacting with Tavros when they met in the dream bubble. Which I always take as A+ because I take that to mean he is feeling more comfortable without the shield that is his too-cool ironic persona.
Basically it comes down to humor, ridiculously hilarious innuendos, Tavros growing as a character in their interactions, etc. That is, if we are basing it simply on canon.
If we were to leave just what is in canon, oh lordy. That is a whole other essay. Although it does in its most basic form come down to the fact that I think they would be great influences on each other (Dave helping Tavros to feel confident in who he is, and Tavros in turn making Dave feel more confident in dropping all his shields), I think they would get along great and have a lot of great times and laughs together, and just generally be aDORABLE.
Could i please get some humanstuck Tavros and Dave? I love these two soooo much!
And here I thought “Oh well I’ve done that before, let me just go link you to what has been done”
But no, now I sit here looking at my links and realizing no, I haven’t ever actually written one, or at least not one that was completed enough to be posted. Guess I never got around to writing any humanstuck. I do have a species swap fic if you’re just interesting in how I’d write the trolls as humans, but it’s not full humanstuck since the kids are then trolls. And I have one or two humanstuck fics, but they aren’t Dave/Tav.
If I get the time/motivation I can write up a little drabble. Nothing major (I just don’t have the time/drive for that at the moment) but I can do a little something, because this is clearly a vast oversight on my behalf. Surely I must all the Dave/Tav variations. Anything less is unacceptable so far as I’m concerned.
I just finished re-reading Irony of Bubblemates. It's still my favorite Homstuck fic. :> I wanted to let you know, though, that part 26 isn't tagged with "Irony of Bubblemates", so if someone was searching for it that way (which I was, since the masterlist stops at 25) they wouldn't be able to find it. NOT THAT I'M SAYING YOU HAVE TO TAG IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO, I JUST THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW... Anyway hugs and kisses, still love the fic, you are awesome. <333
I think I remember hearing that that one had a tagging issue. I don’t know if I’ll be able to fix it easily though since, due to it being a side blog, I would have to find it on my personal dash instead of just being able to go to the link and click edit. Sometimes the way tumblr is set up is a pain in the booty
Plus I’m pretty sure chapter 26 is actually part of what I’ve cut from what I consider the official version, so, it’s harder to be motivated to find it and retag it when it’s part of what I cut but left up for posterity haha oops
BUT ANYWAY thank you so much, hugs and kisses, and hopefully despite real life and writer’s block I can kick out this damn final chapter and officially wrap things up soon(-ish)
Which isn’t to say you’re a baby
Mostly this is an excuse to use this gif
I mean just look at it
LOOK AT IT
asadfsadf;sa you're not dead!:D
Nope! Just busy with that whole real life business and still wondering where all my drive to write went.
But definitely not dead.
*smooches you on the lips*
Would you be OK with people doing podfics (audiofics) of your Homestuck fanfiction?
I would indeed be alright with that! All I’d ask is that they send me a link to the final product, because I’d love to listen
YOU’RE IT! Rules are: copy this message to 10 other beautiful people/blogs who you think deserve this message! Keep the game going and make everyone feel beautiful❤
I can’t choose just 10
Because this belongs to all my followers
All of you are beautiful souls
you have basically fed my entire Dave/Tavros addiction. Thank you. <3
Ahhhhhh I’m glad to hear that! DaveTav is such a fantastic ship, so I’m always happy to spread the love. <3
Are you going to Kumoricon?
Um, I don’t believe I will be, since that’s way down by the south border of WA, which means I’d have to pay for registration and a hotel to stay at and the gas to get down there
And while I enjoy the cons I’ve gone to (Sakura-con, PAX, uhhh ok I think that’s it), I’m not passionate enough about them to spend that much money on them since I’m a poor college student
So I pretty much stick with local ones. But if you’re going, anon, I sure hope you have fun! I hear great things about Kumoricon